Non Executive Directors
Boards are recognising the importance (and opportunity) of having a diverse board of non-executive directors. They are looking for individuals who do not just ‘sit’ on boards, but actively contribute to, challenge and enhance the governance, sustainability and strategy of the organisation and executive team.
In the past, a flip through the Rolodex and a call to one’s friends might have been sufficient to source non-exec board members. But, in this era of scrutiny, shareholder expectations, and the recognition that diverse boards can substantially enhance outcomes, different recruitment strategies are required.
Jack Hammer offers a blend of executive search and networking, providing a vetted list of potential candidates for review by the nomination committee. From ‘high flyers’ who are ready for their first non-executive or chair appointment to seasoned individuals, the Jack Hammer executive recruitment team assesses capability, capacity and conflicts of interest.
The ultimate goal is to identify and appoint non-executive leaders with the ability to enrich strategy, support and challenge the executive leadership team, leverage their networks and act as ambassadors for the organisation.
To discuss our non-executive director headhunting approach and track record, contact us.
“It has been a great privilege for me to finally have the chance to work with you - and to see the consistency and professionalism you bring from both a board and hiring manager perspective.
Congratulations on all you continue to do to grow Jack Hammer and have impact on the world!”
- Chris Bradford, co-Founder and CEO: African Leadership Academy
- Pat Hadebe, Finance Manager: Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy for Girls
“First and most important I think we found an ideal candidate. The process agreed for the search was implemented to plan. All in all a very positive experience; I would recommend your firm and I would rate your service highly.”
- Steve Ross, Board Director: Christel House International
“Your help and assistance have been invaluable and it’s been a pleasure to work with you on this important hire.”
- Dawid Rheeder, former MD, Europe and South Africa: Higher Ed Partners
- Tava Madzinga
- Bruce Steen
- Paul Hanratty, Group CEO: Sanlam
- Gerrie Fourie, CEO: Capitec
- Bongiwe Gangeni, Deputy CEO: RBB ABSA
- Thys van Zyl, Finance Director: Rijk Zwaan
- Peter Baird, former Head of Private Equity: Investec Asset Management
- Jerome Boyet, Managing Director: TMH Africa