- Do you understand your market well enough to know if there is a sufficient talent pool in the country you’re looking to make an appointment?
- Is the region one that holds appeal for candidates not currently living there?
Job ad / market penetration
- Do you know which job boards are best for your role, and will give you best exposure to the relevant talent pool?
- Does your recruitment partner have access to the right people, in the right markets?
Permits and Visas
- Is your HR team aware of all the legal implications on hiring for the country you’re working in?
- Have all work permits and residence visas been applied for?
- Does your offer take into account all the ‘bells and whistles’ needed to secure a top candidate to work in Africa?
- Have you considered the withholding tax that the salary would be subject to?
Time to appointment
- Have you taken into account delays owing to limited infrastructure, cultural issues, public holidays or shutdown periods on the continent?
- What impact will Covid-19 have on interviews, site visits and relocation?
Download the checklist as a PDF, and get more expert advice on hiring in Africa.