Helping NPOs find great leaders in Africa
We source at Board, C-Suite, Executive and senior management levels, across a wide range of functions. Most of the time, we’re helping you fill your toughest roles: Leaders (ex-pats & local nationals, in- country or abroad) for NPOs in Africa.
With market maps, we help you make some of your best and most informed decisions. Market Mapping (also called ‘Talent Mapping’) provides assurance on important business (and people) decisions, by giving you data and insights.
To enhance the likelihood of an effective and successful transition for new leadership appointments, we highly recommend including a leadership coaching process for the first 6 – 9 months.
Here’s your Pre-Hire Checklist – an essential list of dos and don’ts to ensure a successful hire for your NPO
- Do you understand your market well enough to know if there is a sufficient talent pool in the country you’re looking to make an appointment?
- Is the region one that holds appeal for candidates not currently living there?
Job ad / market penetration
- Do you know which job boards are best for your role, and will give you best exposure to the relevant talent pool?
- Does your recruitment partner have access to the right people, in the right markets?
Permits and Visas
- Is your HR team aware of all the legal implications on hiring for the country you’re working in?
- Have all work permits and residence visas been applied for?
- Does your offer take into account all the ‘bells and whistles’ needed to secure a top candidate to work in Africa?
- Have you considered the withholding tax that the salary would be subject to?
Time to appointment
- Have you taken into account delays owing to limited infrastructure, cultural issues, public holidays or shutdown periods on the continent?
- What impact will Covid-19 have on interviews, site visits and relocation?
Download the checklist as a PDF, and get more expert advice on hiring in Africa.